Monday, March 15, 2010

Thoughts and Student Competitive #2


I'm really trying to do new things with art lately. It's all been digital/mixed media, but that's where I feel most comfortable. I'm kinda getting frustrated. I feel like I'm just waking up and trying to stretch my artistic abilities but I'm chained down. I guess I just don't have any direction. I look at this piece and wonder if it's a tacky horribly-done Illustrator piece. Like the horrible Deviant Art I see sometimes. I don't want to be one of those "artists". I want to experiment but I'm afraid it'll look bad. I feel like I CONSTANTLY must be asking questions and asking Marko what HE thinks I should do. Poor guy. He must really love me if he puts up with it so much. I played around last night and really wanted to draw a rat. I've fallen in love with colors and symmetry (I know, I know...symmetry is a dangerous thing to fall in love with...) and this shows it very much so. I'm going to enter it, but I honestly don't feel good about it. Gosh....I just want to be completely happy and find my thing in the art world. I AM proud of how far I've come in my little over a year of art experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment